Hilary Duff Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilary In Gossip Girl - Reviews

3 posters

Go down

Hilary In Gossip Girl - Reviews Empty Hilary In Gossip Girl - Reviews

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 am

Hilary Duff, while much maligned by some of the show’s ardent fans as a stunt casting move, can at least act. Tyra Banks, That’s pure stunt casting. Duff’s character, Olivia, enrolls at NYU to live a normal college life. She’s a movie star, which new love Dan (Penn Badgley) somehow doesn’t know.

You’ll have to forgive moments that are lame (power wars at the high school) or so-so (Tyra Banks as an emotional actress). Alongside that is a story that’s fun, clever and well-acted. A movie star (wonderfully played by Hilary Duff) enrolls at the college and is lucky enough to meet the one guy who doesn’t recognize her.

Aside from this you will also get treated to a couple guest stars in “Dan De Fleurette”. The first is Hilary Duff. I always been sort of neutral on Hilary, but I have to say I thought she was great in this episode. I’m actually hoping she’ll be in the remaining episodes this season. The other guest star I’m sorry to say is Tyra Banks. Really Gossip Girl? You are better than that. In my opinion Banks over acted in most of the scenes she was in. I hope she is NOT in any more episodes this season.

Source:hilaryfan

Back to top Go down

Hilary In Gossip Girl - Reviews Empty Re: Hilary In Gossip Girl - Reviews

Post by Beckles Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

Cant wait to see it!

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 am

New One:

Los Angeles Times: Could "Gossip Girl" be turning into the "Entourage" of the East? It's only a matter of time before more and more celebrities sign up to appear on the show, especially after Hilary Duff and Tyra Banks kicked last night's episode off so well. I'd like to see Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg try to look as fabulous.

Duff entered the fray as Olivia Burke, a young movie star of "Twilight"-like proportions who is desperate for a normal college experience. She gets a small taste of normalcy when she meets clueless Dan, who is the last person on earth to recognize her, and Vanessa, her new roommate. Olivia becomes Dan's new love interest and somewhat establishes his type: blonds with a trail of paparazzi behind them. This romance, of course, won't last too long, what with a vengeful Georgina waiting in the wings and Duff's real movie career beckoning, but I thought Olivia and Dan make a cute couple, no?

I admit, I had very little expectations when I first heard of Duff's casting. I wasn't too familiar with her body of work outside of her roles in "Cheaper By the Dozen" and "The Cinderella Story" (come on, like you've never "accidentally" landed on the ABC Family channel), but I thought it safe to assume that playing a cute, blond, undercover actress would be a cakewalk for her. And it was! Like Dan, I felt gullible yet charmed. The Duff was sweet, adorable and "refreshingly normal" -- she had me at "I love Godard!"

Credit:Hilaryvault

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:42 am

Haha I like these comments I wanna see it now!!!!!Thanks Jackie Smile
Russh
Russh
Admin

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HilaryDKristinK Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:57 am

Of coruse Hilary was sweet she played Hilary Duff.
HilaryDKristinK
HilaryDKristinK

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am

She can play someone who is 'sweet' but isn't her Rolling Eyes
Russh
Russh
Admin

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down