Hilary Duff Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilary has written a book 'Elixir'

3 posters

Go down

Hilary has written a book 'Elixir' Empty Hilary has written a book 'Elixir'

Post by Russh Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Old news to me lol but for some probably not!

/PRNewswire/ -- Hilary Duff, film and television star, recording artist, clothing designer, and philanthropist, has signed a world rights deal with Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers to publish her first-ever young adult fiction series, it was announced today. The first novel in the multiple-book series, entitled Elixir, publishes in hardcover in October 2010. Also part of the deal are world rights for a nonfiction title to be published in spring 2012 concerning the challenges faced by children of divorce--an issue that has touched Duff's own life.

Duff's Elixir combines the overpowering allure of a dangerous love triangle with thrilling international adventure. Clea Raymond is a talented young photojournalist who has spent her entire life in the spotlight as the daughter of a Washington politician and a renowned surgeon. Haunted by the strange appearance of a mysterious young man in her photographs, Clea travels the globe with her best friends, Rayna and Ben, in a race against time to unravel a centuries-old mystery that could unlock the key to her soulmate's true identity and the secret of her father's disappearance--and ultimately save all their lives.

Says Duff, "I've always loved the escape of a great book, especially one that features a strong, inspiring female character you feel you really understand, someone who could be you, but living a more fascinating life. I'm hoping Elixir will be that kind of book--a novel that will transport readers and open new worlds for them."

Hilary Duff is a multifaceted actress and recording artist whose career began on the popular Disney Channel sitcom, Lizzie McGuire. She has since worked on a number of films and TV series, and most recently appeared in a guest-starring role on Gossip Girl. She has also released three multiplatinum albums as well as a clothing line for DKNY and a bestselling fragrance, With Love... Hilary Duff, for Elizabeth Arden. Hilary's humanitarian work is recognized throughout the world. She is actively involved with the charity Blessings in a Backpack, a program that provides quality nourishment for children who wouldn't otherwise receive it. She has served on the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation and was named Youth Ambassador of Bogota, Colombia. Elixir is her first book.

"Hilary Duff is a multi-talented international sensation and we are positive her leap into young adult books will be an incredible success," said Justin Chanda, VP, Publisher of Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers. "Elixir is a smart, unique page-turner, and we are thrilled to be able to give Hilary's fans the opportunity to connect with her in an entirely new way."

Justin Chanda negotiated the book deal for Simon & Schuster, with Rob Weisbach and Fonda Snyder of Rob Weisbach Creative Management representing Hilary Duff. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers Executive Editor Emily Meehan will edit the books.

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hilary-duff-signs-multi-book-deal-with-simon--schuster-childrens-publishing-87148557.html
Russh
Russh
Admin

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Hilary has written a book 'Elixir' Empty Re: Hilary has written a book 'Elixir'

Post by nick Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I think her book she wrote will be a interesting read.. i think i'd give it a read when it comes out
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:39 am

I can't wait I hope it's a big success!
Russh
Russh
Admin

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down