Hilary Duff Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster Empty Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster 003bko

Greta has indeed scored distribution for the US! In the past, the film was reported to only have distribution rights in Australia and a few other countries, but not the USA. This means that the news about the premiere might be accurate.

A release date should be announced soon. The movie was planned to premiere during the 2009 Cannes Film Festival with the help of Voltage Pictures, but the idea was canned. Stories of straight-to-DVD rumors started to pop up, but Voltage quickly denied it.

Here’s a quote from a writer of the film:

From what I understand, the producers of GRETA have just recently secured domestic (US) distribution for the film, which means there should be a release date announced soon.

Source:hduff.org

Back to top Go down

Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster Empty Re: Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster

Post by lovemyduff Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:33 pm

The writer also said it's looking at a fall release. Smile
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster Empty Re: Greta US Distribtion Confirmed & New Movie Poster

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah,heard about that so it would come out here around Oct-Nov ish.
This is so exciting!!
I love the new poster Smile

The film is scheduled to open in New York, LA, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, and Portland Thanksgiving weekend.

The producers of GRETA have just recently secured domestic (US) distribution for the film, which means there should be a release date announced soon so stay tuned! - CONFIRMED

Greta has also been sold to icon in UK who will probably release beginning of next year! - CONFIRMED

Source:hilarymag

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckles Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 am

Loving the new poster.
Australia will probably get a slightly different one to the US though.
How exciting.
This movie has the ability to bring Hilary back into everyones minds again.

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Colleen Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:49 am

I read somewhere it to be released in US cinemas in September. If that is correct, that be awesome.

I also read that the animation movie "Food Fight" will be released in 2011, since Hilary's other movies are comming out.

Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckles Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:13 am

Ohmygod.

2011?
Gee, the movie will be known about for nearly a decade before its released.
Foodfights been a loooooooooooooooooongggggggggggggg time coming.
I guess they did have to start all over in '02 though because of the theft.

Regarding Greta, I read it was being released during thanksgiving? which I think is November?
Haha, I guess no one fully knows.

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 am

Wow this is so exciting, I think that when they start showing previews, it's gonna get the attention of a lot of people! The poster's alright, I hope we get a different one though....Thanks Jackie Smile
Russh
Russh
Admin

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemyduff Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:00 am

LOL! This isn't the offical poster guys...
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am

I never said it was?
I said "new" as in this is another version.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemyduff Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Jackie wrote:I never said it was?
I said "new" as in this is another version.

Maybe you should've read the posts above mine before you commented.
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:28 pm

Beckles said loving the "new" poster.
Bron (queen b) said I hope we as in Aus gets a different one.
We've already seen the other posters when we had the other forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckles Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Ohwell.
It looks pretty cool.

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemyduff Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Jackie wrote:Beckles said loving the "new" poster.
Bron (queen b) said I hope we as in Aus gets a different one.
We've already seen the other posters when we had the other forum.

Bron said
Bron wrote:The posters alright, I hope we get a different one though
which sorta suggested that she thought it was the offical one and I pointed out that it wont be.

I contacted Anchor Bay Australia and lets just say it may not come out here theatrically.
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:24 am

I know it's not official, there's a few different ones and I just hoped they didn't use it for any promos for us! Doesn't really matter anyway.

Seriously? Wow this bites I'm sick of the lack of recognition Hil is getting and especially for this it's gonna kick ass.
Russh
Russh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 am

omg! you've got to be kidding me!!!
I'm so sick of this,why can't it come out here in the theatres it's not fair!
Hilary deserves better promotion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 am

I know this is a movie that would be really popular with teens and younger adults!! It would get her back on mags etc. Sad Wish there was something we could do....
Russh
Russh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 pm

I know!!
But we don't know offically yet..
Though,we could mention something to someone,but who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah I guess if we had HEAPS of people asking for it but I'm not sure who or whatever.
Russh
Russh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemyduff Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Promotion isn't apart of whats happening at all. The fact that the movie is indie sums up there was always a possibility that it wouldn't get a theatrical release down here. I'm sure Anchor Bay Australia doesn't really care for how many people are interested in seeing it. They care for the money.

I probably asked too soon about it since there isn't an offical date set yet for the states so the company wouldn't know much about it.

It'll be out on DVD mid next year probably.
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm

I know promotion isn't the main thing,but it has something to do with it.
There has been some word about a theatrical release for it here,but of course nothing is set in stone at this stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemyduff Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Jackie wrote:.
There has been some word about a theatrical release for it here

Well not exactly... We know Australia has the rights to the movie but it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get it threatical.

It all depends on how it goes in the states first.
lovemyduff
lovemyduff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:35 pm

On some of the Hilary websites there has,but I knew it's only going to be a rumour for now until we know for sure.
Yes,I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 am

We already know that's what it's like for indie films but if there's a chance that something like that would help, we'd do it >.<
Russh
Russh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckles Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 am

Of course we did.
I personally think that if they release it theatricaly, it will do well.

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm

Exactly.
Yeah,I agree Beckles,I think it would be really popular with a lot of older teens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next