New Movie?

Go down

New Movie?

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:08 pm

SCREENDAILY.COM Myriad Pictures will co-finance and produce A Great Education with Laurence Mark.

Kirk D’Amico’s sales company will introduce the project, which stars Ben Kingsley and Hilary Duff, to buyers at Cannes.

Chris Keyser will direct for the first time from his script about a Harvard scholarship student who learns hard truths about life after he is welcomed into an upper-class clique.

Casting is out to two young male leads. Keyser, a Harvard graduate himself, wrote the hit TV series Party Of Five.

Mark earned an Academy Award nomination Jerry Maguire and also produced Dreamgirls and the upcoming Julie & Julia.

D’Amico said: “Chris has done an amazing job of carving out complex characters, each dealing with their own personal issues, fitting in, keeping secrets, balancing their own aspirations with the responsibility they feel for what is happening in the world around them.”

Another article about it:

HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM CANNES — Myriad Pictures is coming aboard Chris Keyser’s directorial debut, “A Great Education,” with company president and CEO Kirk D’Amico producing alongside Laurence Mark.

Ben Kingsley and singer-actress Hilary Duff are attached to star.

Keyser’s script centers on a young man who is accepted to Harvard on scholarship and ends up joining elite singing group the Krokodiloes. Captivated by their fast-moving world of parties, social engagements, private clubs and air of entitlement, he falls for society girl Liza (Duff), and his studies begin to suffer despite warnings from his professor (Kingsley).

Harvard grad Keyser is best known for the TV series “Party of Five.” Mark earned an Oscar nomination in 1997 for “Jerry Maguire” and also produced “Dreamgirls” and this year’s Oscar ceremony.

D’Amico said Keyser’s script is full of complex characters and that he is looking forward to the film will go into production in October in Canada.

Back to top Go down

Re: New Movie?

Post by HilaryDKristinK on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 am

Hilary and even Ben Kingsely in it is still a rumor.
HilaryDKristinK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:42 am

i hope its true Very Happy
this looks awsome.
Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Hilary and Ben Kingsley teaming up again hey? The plot seems reasonable, nothing blockbuster-ish but still. Cool if it's true.

Oh and HilaryDKristenK something about you just screams HilaryDLover to me. Am I right or am I right?
Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 pm

LOL pretty sure you are onto something Fred Wink

It might be alright but I bet it would be like the others take a million years to come out lol Razz

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Hahaha ^^ Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donny on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:28 pm

I want her to do a starring role. The only starring role she has done in ages is Greta and that still hasn't been released!! Razz

But I guess if the producer recieved an Acadamy Award nomination for his previous films maybe that will create some award hype for Hilary. Smile

http://www.twitter.com/Donny101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down