Hilary in the next Barbie Film?

Go down

Hilary in the next Barbie Film?

Post by Russh on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:56 am

Hollywood stars vie for Barbie film role

Toy-maker Mattel has finally okayed a Barbie film. Now Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and Hayden Panettiere are all up to play the doll

Fifty years after she made her debut at a New York toy fair, the world's favourite doll has signed a multi-million dollar deal with Universal Pictures. After keeping her away from the big screen - a bubbly cameo in Toy Story 2 aside - toy manufacturer Mattel has decided to let Barbie go to Hollywood.

"The brand wasn't ready for a movie," Mattel told Variety. "[But] in the last 10 years, Barbie has evolved from a toy into an intellectual property... There is a flagship store in Shanghai."

Since the 1950s, Barbie has flitted through various careers - astronaut, doctor, flight attendant, cocktail waitress - even drag car racer. She's also managed to remain strikingly blond and forever young, both things that Universal Pictures will need to consider when they get round to casting a Hollywood starlet to step into her stilettos.

It seems likely that Katherine Heigl, Heather Graham and Anna Faris are all a little too old for the role. Likewise Alicia Silverstone and Reese Witherspoon, whose previous roles as spoofing ditzy blondes - in Clueless and Legally Blonde - may also rule them out of playing Barbie with the necessary seriousness.

So, the names being bandied around include Hilary Duff, who has already had a Barbie figure made in her likeness, Lindsay Lohan, if she's not considered too much of a hellraiser, and Heroes star Hayden Panettiere. Then there's Blake Lively (above right) from Gossip Girl, and Dakota Fanning, the 15-year-old who already has almost a decade's worth of experience in Hollywood.

Universal have appointed Laurence Marks, who worked on the current Meryl Streep film Julie & Julia, as producer. Enthusing about his new project, Marks said: "Barbie may be the most popular girl in the world, and has always been a wonderfully aspirational figure, so we must do her proud."
source: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/53983,news,blake-lively-hilary-duff-hollywood-stars-vie-for-barbie-film-role

She probably wouldn't take the role but I'm not too sure how I would feel if she did. I mean it would get excellent promotion and Hilary would be in no doubt on all the kidding mags like Little angel again but I dunno if that's a good thing or not haha. She would make a good Barbie, better than Lindsay ew.

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hilary in the next Barbie Film?

Post by Beckles on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:02 pm

I really doubt Hilary would accept this role.
She's moved on.
I doubt Blake Lively would accept either.
Lindsay - nah
and well Dakota is trying more adult films

I guess Hayden would be okay.

Theres my 2 cents worth.
Smile haah

Beckles

Back to top Go down

Post by HilaryDKristinK on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I dont know unless she wants to go deeper into the teen/kid crowd more like she is now with GG and that abc family movie.
HilaryDKristinK

Back to top Go down

Post by Donny on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:55 pm

I totally think Hilary should do it!! Barbie is an iconic figure to little girls and I think a positive role model like Hilary would be a fantastic choice to play Barbie. Smile

That being said, my guess is they'll either choose a relatively unkown actress to play her or some incredibly famous ditzy blonde.

http://www.twitter.com/Donny101

Back to top Go down

Post by Russh on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 am

It would be a good move if the movie itself is really good...not that anyone would know this yet haha. She really could be the perfect Barbie though really.

http://www.hilaryduffau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donny on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Really what would the film be about? Do we know where Barbie even comes from?

My theory is it will be one of two plots.

It will be set in high school and Barbie will be a misfit, there will be some sort of talent competition, a mean girl, and then Barbie will have a makeover and win the talent competition and win the jock at high school that the mean girl also wants.

Or Barbie will be older, from a small town and she wants to make it big in Hollywood and it will be like an "inspirational", "follow your dreams" film.

Those are just my ideas anyway haha. Smile

http://www.twitter.com/Donny101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Could be interesting.
Doubt it will happen though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down